Frequently Asked Questions about the Alumni Association

Q: How do I join the Alumni Association?

A: Upon graduation, the alumni office needs to have your current mailing address and telephone number. Your name and address will be added to the alumni database. At this time, there are no dues structure.

Q: What should I do if I move or change jobs?

A: If you move or change jobs, simply notify the Office of Alumni Engagement with the appropriate changes and your file will be updated.

Q: What should I do if I am not receiving information on programs that are of interest to me?

A: Notify the Office of Alumni Engagement of your interests and they will be coded in your personal file. Not all mailings go to all alumni. Some mailings are targeted for alumni who have attended similar programs. Others go to alumni who have expressed an interest in a particular event/program.

Q: If I give the alumni office my telephone number, will someone call me for a donation?

A: Yes. All universities call their alumni for their annual fund drive. Southern New Hampshire University is no different. Although we hope as many alumni as possible will contribute to this annual fund or a fund of their choice, we realize that sometimes that is not always possible. We are sure that when you are in a financial position to make a contribution to the university, you will give generously.

Q: Can I call the alumni office to get names, addresses, and telephone numbers of people that graduated with me?

A: The Office of Alumni Engagement protects the confidentiality of all of its alumni. Therefore, we do not release confidential information to other alumni or businesses. We will, however, take the name and number of the caller and then call the alumna/alumnus in question to see if he/she wants to contact the other individual.

Q: How can alumni get in touch with other alumni?

A: No matter how long ago you graduated, or how far from the campus you live, you still remain an important part of the Southern New Hampshire University Alumni Association. By registering online at, you will have access to the online directory of other alumni who have shared their contact information.  The directory will contain alumni names, addresses, telephone numbers as well as employer information on all alumni who have given their permission to share this information.

Q: How can I serve on the Alumni Association Board of Directors?

A: General elections for the Board positions take place every two years. Interested candidates can learn more on the SNHU Alumni Board of Directors page.

Q: Who can I contact for a copy of my diploma or transcripts?

A: The Registrar will issue copies of both if you submit your request in writing along with the appropriate fee. Visit the Alumni Resources page to learn more.